Thursday 6 June 2013

Valentino // Dolce&Gabbana


I had to do a blog post on Valentino and Dolce and Gabbana’s ready to wear Autumn/Winter 2013 collections. I am in love. And as overused as that word might be in my dictionary- I actually am! Both the collections are exciting and diverse and make my DIY mind explode with possibilities of winter capes, embellished collars and statement dresses. If I could, these are the collections I would be wearing!

Valentino - Ready to Wear - Autumn/Winter 2013

Is it possible that one of the reasons I love both A/W collections is because Valentino's is inspired by Flemish paintings and D&G's by frescoes and mosaics?- Both of which I am currently studying!
(This university stuff isn't starting to have an effect on me is it?!)
Dolce and Gabbana - Ready to Wear - Autumn/Winter 2013
I can safely say that loose tunics, large collars, tactile fabrics and exciting embellishments are definitely going to be making an appearance in my sketches and hopefully also in my wardrobe!



I also had to include these two pieces from Valentino's Spring/Summer 2013 couture collection because as I was looking through the recent catwalk shows I remebered how exquisite they are and I am definetly going to be taking some inspiration from their detailed patterns.

All images from http://www.vogue.co.uk/fashion/

No comments:

Post a Comment